15 October 2010

A few days of fun


Yesterday I drove about 200 miles from northern New Jersey to Cortland (New York). I headed west along Interstate 80, drove through the Pomono Mountains, and turned north on Interstate 81 in Pennsylvania and came to Cortland. It is a spectacular drive at this time of year - changing colors of trees from green to bright red and orange, to yellow to brown.
       Today I have some more fun - I'm driving to Utica (about 90 miles north of Cortland) and picking up my friend Jim. Together we will go to Piseco Lake in the Adirondacks where his mother has owned a cabin for many years. We will spend an overnight together - rumor is we will go to the local Fish Fry on Friday night, probably drink a Genny Cream Ale at a local pub. Great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment