09 October 2012

Today I Turned 50

Today I turned 50 years old! This was my day -
I woke and kissed my wife Susy good morning - reminding me how fortunate I am that half of these 50 years have been spent with her!
       We went to New York Bagels and had bagels and cream cheese - reminding that I am Jewish (as if I needed reminding)
       Later in the morning I went to see my counselor therapist - reminding me that at 50 years old I am still a bit of a mess and need to grow up.
       In the afternoon I got a great massage - reminding me that I am 50 years old;
       Susy and I went out to dinner for sushi;
       In the evening we sat around the fire pit with our good friends Dan and Lizzy, sipping an amazing bottle of 20-year-old port which Dan brought, smoking an amazing Padron cigar, and having life-giving conversation, which we very often do with Dan and Lizzy;
       This evening I applied for my AARP card. Can't wait for the discounts to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment