21 January 2012

Tomorrow I Preach in Beirut

Susy and I have been in Beirut, Lebanon for the past 4 days. Tomorrow morning I preach at All Saints International Church here, pastored by our close friend Nabil who we have been with these days.
       The title of my message is, "The Heart's Deepest Desire" from Mark 2 and Jesus healing a paralytic. Every message I preach is done so through the lens of what I am dealing with at the moment. This week I have dealt with so much complexity, suffering in a Palestinian refugee camp, listening to people speak passionately and painfully with the conflict in the Middle East.
       Somehow I believe Jesus intersects this drama, these human tragedies. Indeed, if he does not intersect them I have nothing to preach.
       So, I feel quite small and weak as I approach speaking God's Word to a group of people here in Beirut.  And yet I feel more confident in God, hopefully experience more of Christ and who he is in the midst of this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment