06 March 2011

Life Around the Firepit

Last summer a bunch of guys helped me build a firepit in my backyard. It's not really a "pit," but rather a corner that we put gravel in and created a nice border with 4x4s.
       Whenever we move from this house I will miss this firepit the most. I have had a lot of real-life conversations with friends around the fireplace, even in the middle of winter as we are freezing our buns off!
       I consider this one of the "sacred spaces" in my life. There are few of these in most of our lives - places to truly meet people, to discuss important things of faith, politics, and of course sports! To listen in on other people's journeys.
       I often wish I could mysteriously transport friends from around the world - living in Budapest, Bucharest, Geneva, Australia, Holland, Spain and a bunch of other places - and plop them in chairs in the firepit. We would talk and catch up on our lives until the wee hours! Now THAT would be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment