04 March 2011

God's Way to Temper Me?

I really like hanging out with our friend Nate. He has Alzheimer's and there is much sadness in seeing him fade in many ways. But there are a couple of things that Nate really loves, and these things humble me tremendously!
       Nate loves music, especially songs from his earlier years which he taps his hand on his lap to. The genres are quite foreign to me: Country music and older gospel hymns. So we drive around together doing errands and listening to country and hymns! And Nate is totally into it, tapping his feet and smacking his hands on his lap.
       As for me, let's just say that I am learning to acquire a taste for different types of music! God must have a sense of humor with me ~ He will get me to listen to those old hymns yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment