29 March 2011

Writing a Passover Haggadah

This week I am "holed up" in an RV borrowed from friends in an campground in Golden. I'm working on and will hopefully finish the first and second drafts of a Passover Haggadah I am writing.
       It will not be as elaborate and eye-catching as this one (The Sarajevo Haggadah), but I do hope it will have a niche for people who celebrate Passover in a messianic tradition.
       I realize there are already a number of good Haggadah's from the perspective of Jesus/Y'shua being the the ultimate and final "Lamb of God" and fulfilling the Exodus narrative. And yet I find myself adding or changing portions of the "telling" when I use each of these.
       In addition I almost always add "local color" from my background as a New York Jew, some of which I want to include as "sidebars" to the main story of Israel's rescue from Egypt.
       Now it is back to writing for this boy.

1 comment:

  1. My book club read a book this year about the Sarajevo Haggadah...an historical fiction about it's origins and "trip" thru history called "People of the Book." I loved it...and here on your blog is the cover!! Whoo!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete