25 March 2011

WAY Proud of Our Kids

This is an "I'm a Proud Dad" blog entry. Here's what my kids were doing last week.
       Carly (age 19, to be 20 in June) spent the week with other Westmont College students in Mexico doing a Vacation Bible School for under-privileged kids. I have not spoken with Carly at length about it, but she said it was difficult, exciting, confusing, and fulfilling! I would say that was a GOOD week!
       A few days ago Steven (age 17) and I went out to dinner with our good friend Jim (in photo) to Buffalo Wild Wings. We spent a couple of hours talking philosophy - Plato, Socrates, the pros and cons of Capitalism, the reality of good and evil in the world. We had this indepth discussion about things that really matter in our lives! And Steven initiated it.
       I have found it pretty challenging and fulfilling to help my kids become young adults. It has perhaps been the most complex time of parenting for me over the past 20 years, but also a time of "iron-sharpening-iron" for us.
       So here's to Car-Car and Pishti! You two are awesome!





No comments:

Post a Comment