17 December 2010

I'm beginning to believe God is doing the impossible

Last week I wrote something on my Facebook wall that said, "I'm beginning to believe God is doing the impossible. - oh me of little faith!" I got a fair number of responses to this and I want to say a little more about it.
       First, you should know that this idea came to me after hearing the theme song from "Man of La Mancha" in a restaurant! Not too spiritual, but bone honest. And just to be totally truthful, I LOVE that film and play! Really.
       Second, I spend way too much time living rationally and not so much living supernaturally. I realize that the opposite can be true also - that some live in fantasy and not in reality. But that's not the danger for me too often.
       Third, it seems to me that I only really grow and mature when my "impossible" meets God's "possible." That's where I desire to live more often than not.
       For all of you secret romantics who really want to live LARGE in God's vision for heaven and earth, enjoy this clip from "The Man of La Mancha"!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness~I totally agree with you. I have been living more and more in the supernatural. I mean~hearing God tell me at the age of 52 to foster and possibly adopt a special needs 2 year old? EVERYONE thinks I have lost my mind and does not understand why I just don't go and buy a sports car as a way of expressing my mid life crisis! I quickly explain I am post mid life and into post life?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann - You are the most alive and vibrant 52-year-old I know!!! Maybe you have fully FOUND your mind in being a foster parent and possibly adopting! I think it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete