13 April 2014

Passover Begins Tomorrow

The first day of Passover is tomorrow evening at sunset. Thousands of Jewish families will gather around the table to remember ... the Exodus from Egypt, a gracious and loving God who rescues us from sin and evil.
       For a much smaller number of Jews, we also remember how a Messiah named Jesus fulfilled and completed this Exodus story.
       Last week we hosted a seder in Denver with 90+ people. This week we are in Amsterdam and will celebrate with Crossroads Church (200+ people).
       Yesterday I received a heart-warming Facebook message about celebrating Passover: 
"I'm not sure if you will remember me or recognize my face, but I was previously a member of Lookout Mountain Church. I just wanted to let you know that both my Dad and I always looked forward to and appreciated your sermons based on your unique perspective from your Jewish background. I attended two of the Seder meals you held at Lookout and we really enjoyed it. As a result, we have adopted the tradition of celebrating the Passover with a Seder dinner among friends and family. In fact, we just celebrated our 3rd Seder two nights ago. It's been a wonderful tradition, and I want to thank you for introducing us to the celebration a few years ago. Anyway, I hope things are going well for you and your family!"

Here are a few photos from last week's seder in Denver:


No comments:

Post a Comment