15 November 2010

Daring to Dream Broadly

Few of us dare to dream big. I mean really big.
As Thoreau said, "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them."
Here are some questions I have been asking myself about this:

  • What do I fear would or would not happen if I pursued the dream?
  • What will others think about the dream?
  • How will this dream be financed?
  • What if the dream is really folly?
  • If God is birthing this dream, why should I care about any of the above questions?

3 comments:

  1. Good thoughts, Brian. I can really relate to this. Thanks for the questions, especially the final one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brian, sometimes for me the dream gets lost in the planning and preparing stage. It's helpful to remember where it came from in the first place.
    -Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post Brian...it's really got me thinking!

    ReplyDelete