05 February 2012

Super Bowl, the Giants, and my Armenian Friend

Today is Super Bowl Sunday and my beloved NY Giants are playing the dreaded New England Patriots. It's going to be a great day!
      It will be especially great because my friend Aram (an Armenian from Boston) is a die-hard Patriots fan and I (a Jew from New York) am a Giants fan! Now there's some history here that you should know about.
     Aram and I pastored together for 3 or 4 years, basically ministering together during a really crappy time in the church's history. I don't know that I would have kept even HALF sane without Aram those years. (that's another story)
       In the midst of pastoring together the Boston Red Sox WON THE WORLD SERIES (thus the picture to the left in which I am wearing - hold on now - a RED SOX hat and Aram is gloating). Well the score was evened when the NY Giants beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl 4 years ago. Aram and I were at a party at our friends Steve and Diane's place last time. I had major bragging rights and was inappropriately obnoxious as the Giants won.
       Well Aram and I are returning to Steve and Diane's again for the game tonight. It's deja vu all over again hopefully! I have told Aram that if the Giants win I'm giving him a big fat kiss! He has said he will be hiding under a Bill Belicheck-type hoody to stay away from me!
       Game On!

No comments:

Post a Comment