20 April 2012

Billy Graham ... Nearing Home

Billy Graham is 93 years old. He published a book last year entitled, "Nearing Home" which I have just begun.
     I love the way Graham begins the book:
"I never thought I would live to be this old.
     "All my life I was taught how to die as a Christian, but no one ever taught me how I ought to live in the years before I die. I wish they had because I am an old man now, and believe me, it's not easy.
     "Whoever first said it was right: old age is not for sissies. Get any group of older people together, and I can almost guarantee what their favorite topic of conversation will be: their latest aches and pains."

2 comments:

  1. I am curious what the rest of the book is like.. the quote.. did make me order it.. thanks for sharing the book

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved your 'pet topic', Brian, of Finishing Well, ever since I first heard it from you. It encompasses all of this - living well, in order to die well. A constant challenge, reminder, and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete