31 May 2012

Incredibly "Perilous Times"


I was reminded by a close friend today that we live in incredibly "perilous times."
     My heart is heavy. I am praying for God's mercy especially upon the Islamic world.
* In Syria a massacre of civilians over last weekend left more than 100 people dead;
* In Egypt a run-off election will be held in 2 weeks between an extremist candidate and a moderate candidate. The moderate candidate, however, served as Prime Minister under the previous regime.
* In another country, several relief workers have been abducted recently.
     Over the past year or so I have been asked to visit a variety of contexts which could be seen as "perilous" - Muslims imams in North Africa, Palestinian refugees in Lebanon to name a few. I have been humbled by how broken and out-of-control our world really is, and how much our world desperately needs RESCUING.
     Jesus and His Kingdom message resonates so deeply for me at the moment. "Come, Lord Jesus" with your mercy.



No comments:

Post a Comment