18 September 2010

The Rhythm of Seasons

I am sitting outside on my patio in the late evening. It is crisp and cool outside. Autumn is clearly in the air. This is my favorite season. The days here in Denver continue to be warm and sunny, the nights cool off considerably. At this time of year the change in temperature from day to night is dramatic.
       Last night we were at a friend's house in the foothills. we sat outside facing the mountains to the west as the sun set. We could see the beginnings of the change of color, as some aspen leaves are changing from green to yellow.
       Autumn reminds me of a few things:
* Life has its rhythms - there is life and death, warmth and cold;
* The change of seasons keeps me wondering (and wandering) about the future, what will be in the next season;
* Winter will be upon us soon - a time to slow down a bit, hybernate, sit by a fire.
       I don't slow down too easily. I usually go at a fast pace. This evening on the patio - with my dog Bailey curled up on her bed beside me - has called to me to remember the rhythm of the seasons. It is very good.




No comments:

Post a Comment