30 May 2011

Amsterdam Trip - Day 1

At the moment I am sitting in a United Airlines lounge at Denver Airport looking at a flight board, waiting for our flight to Philadelphia and onto Amsterdam.
       I go on auto-pilot (no pun intended) on travel days. I have done the travel thing long enough that it's kind of old. This trip is different because Susy and I are traveling with 4 others from Denver and meeting up with 5 more people when we arrive in Amsterdam.     Our 11-person team is an awesome mix of people! I am looking forward to being with them for the next week.
       We travel for the next 16 hours and arrive in Amsterdam at 9am local time. Then it's off to The Shelter hostel in downtown Amsterdam to settle in. I'll write again once we arrive in Amsterdam.
       Thanks to all of you who are part of the Serve the City project - people in the U.S. who are supporting the projects, people in Amsterdam who will be volunteering, people around various places who are praying! We are grateful for all of you.

1 comment:

  1. yeeeaahhhh.... exiting! We have you in our prayers for a safe trip... well hopefully you arrived right now, so WELCOME in rainy Holland, the weatherforecast is really good, so dont 'worry' about that!
    I try to come to the sheler city one of these days as I work in the Shelter Jordan and I am not that much around in the city ;o
    Have a great day and enjoy!
    Am wondering which projects for stc you will be doing ;)) will be there saturday!
    See you soon! Bless all ya!
    Francien

    ReplyDelete