03 May 2011

Comments on bin Laden's Death

There have been a fair number of comments and responses to my blog of yesterday. Public responses and those I received privately. Thank you to all of you who took the time to share. I want to repost a few here (only those who responded publicly):
  • Paul said, "it is difficult to prioritize grace, love, and justice."
  • Carolyn said, "there's a part of me that is relieved but jubilation doesn't feel right."
  • Christian said, "It makes me feel better knowing other Americans felt a bit unsettled after seeing the US reaction. I wish we would cheer steps to deal with the causes of terrorism and crime in the same way we cheer military action against it."
  • Candice wrote, "I am not wasting time or energy on this focus, but I know God is in control and we are to live to glorify Him so let's be aware that our words are very powerful."
  • Frank wrote, "God does not take pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live!"
  • Dan wrote, "I think too many of us have revenge in view with Bin Laden's death, rather than simply allowing our governments to pursue justice. And where there's a don't-mess-with-the-US kind of giddiness, well I think that's patently unhelpful and mostly prideful (in a bad way)"
  • Lynn wrote, "I am a Christian and my Marine Corps son was a Christian who is now in the presence of Jesus Christ in Paradise. Stephen received a 'calling' on 9/11/01 to defend the freedom that he knew came from the Lord God. He was killed in action on October 6, 2006, in Saqlawiyah, Iraq, along with two other Marines. Our pursuit of OBL was not revenge. It was the defense of the sacrifice that has been being made since the Revoluntionary War. Freedom is God's idea not man's. God expects us, equips us to defend the blessing that He has bestowed upon us." (Psalm 144:1)
Thanks to you all for writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment