15 July 2011

Remembering Muslims at Ramadan

Ramadan, the most important holiday in the Muslim calendar, begins on August 1st this year and goes for 30 days.
       This is a great opportunity to commit to several things over the month:
       1) Learn something new about Islam - read a book (I will give recommendations on the blog in the coming weeks), attend a seminar or workshop;
       2) Pray for Muslims every day. I will have Prayer Guides available from World Christian in the coming week. You can order through me. This is a great help in focusing every day;
       3) Go to a Mosque for Friday prayers once or twice during the month. It is a great learning experience. I will be in New York City on the first Friday of August (5th) and hope to go to a Mosque that day.
       I realize some may be wondering why I am even acknowledging a Muslim holiday, and whether it is right for a Christian to do so. Those are good questions and I would be happy to dialog about it. Email me at bnewman5280@gmail.com to talk further one-on-one.

No comments:

Post a Comment