14 July 2011

Preachers Should Not Blab

I don't think "blab" is really a word, but it works for communicating when someone goes on and on and on talking. Blab blab blab.
       Preachers are notorious for blabbing. I have preached a lot of sermons and I am doing another one this coming weekend at my church here in Denver. I really do not want to blab. I want to communicate God's message with brevity, and want to help people encounter God in worship.
       The guy who taught me preaching at Fuller Seminary said that if you cannot communicate a message in 18 to 22 minutes then you are probably not prepared to give the message. GULP! Yikes.
       So I hope I don't BLAB this weekend at Lookout. For those of you who will be there Saturday night or Sunday morning, let me know if I blabbed (past tense of "to blab" of course).

1 comment:

  1. some blabbing is better than other blabbing... may you blab well...
    a fellow blabber...

    ReplyDelete