27 July 2011

Missouri - The View From Here

This morning I woke up in Cape Girardeau, Missouri at the home of the Ropers. They own a beautiful, majestic home on a lake off the beaten path of the Midwest.
       Last week was one of the busiest, run-here and run-there weeks I have had in a long time. It was a week of umpiring two youth World Series, preaching at church in Denver, and frantically getting ready to be on the road for three weeks.
       So it is a welcome respite to wake up on this pond in the steamy sunshine of Missouri. Today is a rest day and then my friend Jim and I hit the road again tomorrow morning enroute to New York. We will stop in Indianapolis for me to visit with a great ministry which reaches out to Muslims in America. Then it is off to Buffalo, NY over night (and some Buffalo wings for dinner no doubt). But for now it's a quiet day in southeast Missouri.



No comments:

Post a Comment