27 March 2012

The Launch of Brain-Pain

I am thrilled that my friend Brad Klingenberg has launched Brain-Pain here in Denver - a new initiative to help those who are battling mental health issues in one way or another.
       I love the tagline of Brain-Pain ... Where Grey Matters! Is that great or what? I just love it!
       I love that Brad is not a professional counselor; he is just a pretty ordinary guy who has struggling with Bipolar and has done so with honesty, integrity, and a realness that is contagious.
       I love the down-to-earth nature of this movement. It's not flashy or "cool" in a sense.
       I love that it's raw ... and practical ... and birthed out of the very real-life experiences of Brad and his family.
       It is a privilege to walk alongside Brad as a friend and colleague. Brain-Pain is part of a network of groups which I am part of that seeks to reach out to and come alongside people who are often overlooked and marginalized.
       So here's to Brain-Pain and my friend Brad - Grey really DOES matter!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Brian!
    Check us out out here;
    www.brain-pain.org
    www.facebook.com/bk.brainpain

    ReplyDelete