20 July 2012

Deflated...

I feel like this tire today - deflated.
     I lost a team member this week (not "lost" as in the person died or anything like that!). We had recruited the person and she was a top-notch leadership in all sorts of ways.
     Well I got a call a couple of days ago that God was leading her to another organization and to another position.
     It's really tough to argue with the "God is leading me" phrase. In fact, I am now having a taste of my own medicine. Some years ago when I took an executive pastor position here in Denver I had to make that dreaded call to my long-time boss, colleague and friend, Linus, and tell him I was leaving the ministry. I remember saying to him, "God is moving me on."
     Hmmmm .... sometimes I wonder if we should put so much on God! I'm not trying to say God does not lead us. He does. But He does so through people, heart desires, circumstances, and a slew of other ways. It's just too easy to throw out the phrase, "God is leading me." It's a conversation stopper.
     Anyway, I'm having a bit of a "pity party" today, groveling and groaning over losing a team member I had just recruited. Grumble, grumble. I'll get through it. But for today I feel like a flat tire on the side of the road.

1 comment: