14 October 2010

A Bagel in New Jersey

There is nothing quite like having a bagel made in the greater New york City area. Best bagels in the world in my opinion. The myth is that it has something to do with the water here, which makes very little sense because I think New York City water is pretty dirty.
       I don't really care too much about WHY on this matter. All I know is thatI am sitting in Oakland, New Jersey at my friend Ed and Ann's place and feel like I am in Bagel Heaven. Ann bought fresh bagels from some local place. Put on a bit of schmeer, have a good cup of coffee from the fancy-dancy coffee machine, now I am ready for the drive to Cortland, NY.
       Oh, by the way, I did not come to NJ just to eat bagels! The seminar last night at Emergence on Islam in Europe went very well. Great interact, comments, and questions from people. Really engaged group. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment