19 October 2010

The Church that keeps chugging along!

Last night I had an evening at Grace Christian Fellowship, my home church from 25 years ago, to give an update on my family, ministry, and to talk about Islam in Europe. Some 40 people showed up, which is about twice as many as I thought would! A lot of the people I know by face but not by name. Wonderful folks.
       I love GCF - its people, its vision, its history, elders, staff. The church has stood with us as partners in ministry for 25 years! A quarter century! Investing in the Kingdom of God through us - impacting the world in Geneva, Budapest, Amsterdam, beyond.
       I love the spirit of the people at GCF - down-to-earth, kind, steadfast. The best man from my wedding and his family have lived in Cortland all these years and are part of GCF. On Sunday Dan and I spent time walking around the 12-acre piece of land his family bought recently and will develop over the coming years. I got in "on the ground floor" of this new vision for this family!
       GCF is a church on mission. They have been for a lot of years. It's a really solid community, a pretty typically structured church. Nothing really flashy about them. And that's what is so powerful. They are there to serve Christ and to bless people.
       So, dear friends at GCF, I love you guys and count it a privilege to be a missionary of the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment