06 January 2011

"Feeding the Pig"

I often puzzle over consumerism. The U.S. government says that two-thirds of the economy of this country is due to consumers spending money. When the economy is improving it is because people are spending like mad men!
       There is something fundamentally wrong with this picture.
So I figure if I cannot beat it I will join it! Yep, that's right. I am diving into consumerism head first, rolling up my sleeves to spend, spend, spend! Hmmmm, for some reason I am not feeling better about myself!
       Well here's an alternative. The good folks at FEEDING THE PIG are all about being realists that we ARE consumers, actually addicted to our consumer tendencies. So Feeding the Pig helps you be a FRUGAL consumer. They give tons of tips on breaking spending habits, free saving tips, and how to "feed" the piggy bank. SAVINGS is really their focus, but they address consumerism as a way to get to saving.
       SO here is to 2011 and "feeding the pig!"

1 comment:

  1. Brian, I tried the link you have highlighted here, and it went to a strange place. When I searched Google, I discovered the correct site was http://www.feedthepig.org/ Thanks for the info, tho.

    ReplyDelete