15 January 2011

On Preaching again

I used to think that preaching was about communicating truth and people understanding (gaining knowledge) - and that usually took about 40 minutes (but preferably 30 minutes).
I used to think that preaching was about what God had me say to a community about Him.
I have had a change of heart and mind.
Now I think preaching is a small part of the people of God entering into this mysterious process of WORSHIP.
I think preaching is about being part of people asking God's light to shine in their darkness.
I think preaching is about creating the environment for people to experience God and His mercy in their sabbath rest.
I have some major doubts about what I have to say and more confidence in God seeking out His people - with or without my involvement.





1 comment: