07 January 2011

An Encouraging Skype Call

I had an amazing Skype call with my long-time friend Marcus in Geneva the other day. Susy and I have known Marcus and Wendy for some 25 years - we are kindred spirits in so many ways. There are few people in the world with whom I laugh harder than with Marcus and Wendy.
       Unfortunately we don't get to spend time with them too often. Oceans and countries separate us. But when we DO get to speak or be together it is like we have been together all the time! It is uncanny really.
       So Marcus and I are on this Skype call the other day for an hour. Mind you we have not spoken in many months. And we are talking about our futures, what God is stirring in us, questions we are each wrestling with. And Marcus says a few "prophetic" things and I am like, "SHUT UP!" Well not really. But it was like the voice of God speaking to me and Marcus doesn't have a clue how God is using him. Marcus is saying things which he would not otherwise know because we have not hung out together over the past years.
       The really fun part of this is that Susy and I will be in Geneva for a day in late January and we will get some time with Marcus and Wendy face-to-face. Quite the special treat for us really! Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment