29 September 2012

A First Reflection on Peace Talks

Sometimes I scratch my head and wonder how I got to this point in my life and ministry.
       Last night we hosted our first ever "Peace Talks" - a conversation between an Arab (Fouad), and Afghan (Mariya), and a Jew (me). Mariya's expression in the photo at left captured something of my emotion around this gathering.
       Could it be that an Arab, a Persian, and a Jew can learn to relate, to understand each other, to work and minister together? Well that's what the three of us are seeking to do.
       I realized last night that we do not embrace diversity for diversity sake. We embrace diversity because it is a reflection of the Kingdom of God, a reflection of God's design for His creation.
       It also dawned on me that perhaps the greatest testimony we have to Muslims and Jews is a diverse community of Christ followers who are committed to loving each other and learning to relate to God through each other's experiences and culture.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment