10 September 2012

Planning 50

In a month I will turn 50 years old! Having seen a number of friends face milestone birthdays (50 and 60 most recently) I realize there is a few different responses you can have to it:
1. You can keep it quiet and try to ignore it as best as possible;
2. You can become bummed out at your mortality;
3. You can throw a big party and celebrate.
I am opting for number 3.


     My friend Jim (in the photo) and I turn 50 within 3 days of each other. So we are throwing a party together. It should be a blast!
     I learned this from my friend Faith, who turned 60 a few years ago and hosted a party at the Mount Vernon Country Club. Susy and I were invited. I was so moved by the CELEBRATION OF HER LIFE by her husband, children, and friends. I remember saying to myself, "when I turn 50 I want to celebrate like this!" So that's what I am doing.
     By the way, the day I turn 50 I am applying for my AARP discount card. It's a dream come true for a Jew!
     And to get you in the mood for celebrating 50, here is a little video clip of Sally O'Malley and Doty O'Donaghan (thanks to the inspiration for this from my wife Susy who showed a very funny clip of Sally at Susy's 50th last year)


No comments:

Post a Comment