07 February 2011

From my friend Troy

This is from my friend Troy with whom we served in Europe for many years.  He and his family moved to Chicago last summer after being part of starting several churches in Madrid. This is insightful and so true.

ten things i never expected when i accepted a call to missions in 1989

1. I would have conflict with co-workers.
2. Uncertainty would be frequent and normal.
3. Asking forgiveness from people on my staff or in my church would minister more to them than any sermon I would preach.
4. Prayer would be hard.
5. Victories would often be followed by sadness.
6. Fame and calling do not coincide.
7. I would own a beagle that likes to eat snot rags.
8. Church could happen without weekly Sunday services.
9. I could wear pajamas while preaching.
10. Ministers have regrets that God redeems. 




2 comments: