03 April 2011

The Best Leadership Book

Someone I am mentoring asked me the other day, "What is the best leadership book?" My first inclination was to recite an annotated bibliography of my "top ten." Of course I would do that after I said that the Bible is the best leadership book ever.
       But I refrained from both of these things. I had to consider his question for only a second or two and said, "Henri Nouwen's In the Name of Jesus is the best leadership book I have read. If you have not read it you should. I re-read it every year and it hits me between the eyes every time about how much I need to grow (up) as a leader.
       By the way, I realize Nouwen's book is not a full treatise on the practice of leadership. In many ways it is an UN-leadership book, which 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me. Will pick my copy from the book shelve again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about Hybels book?

    ReplyDelete