22 April 2011

A Different Kind of Seder

Last night's seder at my church changed for me in an instant when I was introduced to a guest who simply showed up because she was looking for a Passover seder in town.
       She is relatively new to Denver; a reformed (liberal) Jewish woman from South Africa. She googled "Passover Seder Denver" and ours came up! Way to go, Google! She found a seat at the table where Susy and I were seated, so we spent the entire evening with her over the meal.
       The moment I started to talk to our guest I thought about the Haggadah in my hand which I recently finished writing. There I was thinking, "Have I communicated well about Jesus? Is the Gospel clear? Is there anything unnecessarily offensive to a Jewish person?"
       What I realized after the seder was that I felt so ALIVE through the evening because of our new friend who found her way to our seder tonight. A friend reminded me afterward that seeds are planted and watered in people's hearts on evenings like this. God's ways are not our ways. Pretty amazing.



1 comment:

  1. Isn't that just so God - to turn our heads and open our eyes to see differently! How fun!

    ReplyDelete