19 April 2011

Reflecting on Pesach

Today is the first night of Passover. We are hosting a seder with about 30 people at a friend's house. It will be the first time I am using the Haggadah which I recently wrote and got printed. Quite frankly I am a bit nervous about using this booklet as I share some personal reflections on the Passover in my life.
       For the past few days I have done a lot of reflecting on Israel's slavery in Egypt, God rescuing them, and the people eventually wandering in the desert for 40 years.
       I doubt that the likes of John Grisham could write a more suspenseful story than what is found in the book of Exodus. What makes it most suspenseful to me is not whether God will save the people, but rather if the people will have the courage to leave Egypt and enter the desert/wilderness. Will Israel obey and follow God from slavery to places unseen and unknown?
       I suppose that is the question for all time: Will we leave our "Egypts" (whatever that may be in our lives) to the wild unknown with God?



1 comment:

  1. Brian,
    thanks for this. this is exactly what i've done and somedays i think i'm crazy. somedays are filled with fear & despair wondering if i did the right thing. Then some are filled with joy and hope because God gives me encouragements along the way. It has definitely forced me to feel my utter dependence on God and hopefully learn to trust better along the way...really i don't think there is any other way to fully live.
    Carolyn :-)

    ReplyDelete