04 April 2011

Focus in April

I find it helpful on the first Monday of each month to "take stock" of the next 30 days. Not that I can pre-determine what will happen, but rather to have an attitude of Moses' words in Psalm 90:
Teach us to number our days,
that we may gain a heart of wisdom. (v. 12)
AND
May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us;
establish the work of our hands for us -
yes, establish the work of our hands. (v. 17)

       So, here's some things I anticipate and am grateful to be involved with -
* Susy's and my 23rd anniversary is on April 23rd! (thinking of something fun to do together);
* Passion Week is April 18-24: BIG week with two Passover seders, Good Friday, and Easter Sunday;
* Celebration dinner of Bobby and Marilyn Clinton with their mentorees at Fuller Seminary on April 11th;
* Visit with Leadership ConneXtions friends in York, PA from April 12-14th;
* Visit with Crescent Project friends in Indianapolis on April 27-28th;
       Lots of preparation and writing this month:
* Writing, editing, and producing first draft of the Passover Seder Haggadah;
* Preparing for the Amsterdam Missions Trip at the end of May;
* By the end of April I hope to finalize summer ministry/travel for June through August;
       Along the way I will be umpiring a lot of baseball, most weekends with Steven as we work tournaments together.
P.S. to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS): I would really appreciate if you put on your "to do" list for April to please send me my income tax refund! It would be quite helpful this month. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment