29 April 2011

My Dogs Stress Me Out at the Vet!

I brought both my wonder-dogs - aka Bailey and Angel - to the vet the other day to get their annual heartworm check (see photo at left of them in the examination room).
       Every year when I do this I vow to NEVER, EVER bring these two canines to the vet together, because it is sheer CHAOS every time I do so! But, alas, I forget from year to year.
       This week was no less chaotic than previous years. We walked into the waiting room and there were two miniature dogs (they looked like overgrown rats) and they started barking like nut cases!
      In typical fashion, Angel the old lady puts her tail between her legs and starts whimpering. I want to say to her, "Angel, you can kick those dogs down the street with a swipe of your tail! Get some courage old girl!"
      At the very same time that Angel starts whimpering Bailey starts barking and growling like a caged lion. She is yanking on her leash so that my arm feels like it's about to fall off. I think to myself, "Someone give this animal a tranquilizer please!"
      Well all was fine with the dogs - no heartworms - and they even did OK with getting their temperature taken with the rectal thermometer!
       Next year I HAVE to remember to take the dogs to the vet separately!

No comments:

Post a Comment