05 August 2010

Airline Barf Bags

I flew on US Airways to Frankfurst yesterday/today. A while ago US Airways allowed CBS TV to advertise on the barf bags in their airplanes. Now how stupid is that? A US Airways spokesman said this at the time:
      "The airsick bag is not used like it was in the past -- primarily with turbo-prop aircraft and cabins that weren't pressurized -- so the negative connotation of the sick sack has gone away."
      I don't know about you, but when I got on the plane from Philadelphia to Frankfurt and saw the barf bag all I could think was, "Hope I don't have to barf into that thing."
      By the way, I think one of the most awkward moments of life is after you barf into one of those bags and then call the flight attendant to give her/him the bags and its content. What do you say? "Here's my vomit. Could you throw it away for me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment