22 August 2010

Facilitating Financial Peace University

Earlier this year I co-facilitated a Financial Peace University class with some folks I have become fast friends with. I'm facilitating another FPU class in Denver beginning September 8th.
       Dave Ramsey has become kind of trendy over the past couple of years. He has a program on Fox Business and has a talk show on the radio. His book, "Total Money Makeover" has been a huge success.
       He teaches about the "seven baby steps" to Financial Peace. They are not rocket science. The steps are pretty basic: have an emergency fund, get rid of credit card debt, save for retirement, give abundantly.
       This is like, "Personal Finance for Dummies." Well, I have concluded that we Americans are flat out dummies when it comes to our personal finances. That's why I lead an FPU class. To help some folks (myself included!) be a little less dumb and little more smart when it comes to resources.
       It's a good practice a couple of times per year to ask ourselves the honest question, "How am I really doing with money?" Rich or poor, we have to be asking this question.

No comments:

Post a Comment