28 August 2010

I am "Premier" Class on United - cough, cough

This week I received my "Premier Class" Mileage Plus card from United Airlines, because I have flown more than 25,000 miles this year.
       Wow, I feel so much better about myself because I am Premier! And the next hurdle is "Premier Executive" class if I fly 50,000 miles this year.
       Oh boy oh boy oh boy, I can't wait!
       Nowhere in our Western Culture is "class" more evident than on airlines. People in business class sit in wide seats, are served hot meals, drink booze for free.
       People in economy class ... well, they get bupkis (an apt Yiddish word which means NOTHING).
       The most convicting thing about this is that I buy into the hype also. This week I labeled myself "Premier" because United Airlines did. I can't wait to fly again on United, just so I can board before other people and maybe get a warm wash cloth for my face. I'm not proud of this, by the way, just processing honestly!
       I think it would be pretty cool if I get upgraded to business class (because of my premier status) that I would go to someone in "cattle" class (I mean economy class) and give them my seat up front. No strings attached. A random act of kindness.
       I fly to Grand Rapids on Tuesday, back to Denver on Wednesday. If I get moved to business class I will try to switch seats with someone in economy class, just to see what happens. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. The tip to getting into Business Class when using your Premier Card is to dress smartly

    ReplyDelete