19 August 2010

Philip Yancey's Upcoming Book

One who has been touched by grace will no longer look on those who stray as "those evil people" or "those poor people who need our help." Nor must we search for signs of "loveworthiness." Grace teaches us that God loves because of who God is, not because of who we are.
~ Philip Yancey, What's So Amazing About Grace

I was thrilled to hear that Philip Yancey's new book will be released in October. It is titled, What Good is God? I have been impacted by most of his books in profound ways, especially The Jesus I Never Knew.

Over the past few years I have had the privilege of getting to know Philip, and his wife Janet. We attend the same church in Colorado. This much I can say about getting to know Philip: As big as his name is, he remains humble and as down-to-earth as can be. No pretense, no ego.

So when I read Philip's words about grace, or forgiveness I know it's the real deal. Philip writes so eloquently about such deep truths because he wrestles with them and seeks to live it out in his faith.

I'm counting the days until I can get the new book!




P.S. - Read an account from Eric Alexander about hiking with Philip in Colorado. Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment